A new brunch/anytime go-to! Found this idea on a blog I follow and I think I’m hooked…they’re so quick @ easy to make, super customizable, and uber nutritious! You can use your choice of seasoning, stuff them with your favorite veggie combos, and top with your favorite sauces or condiments. This really hit the spot after a hard workout this morning.
Pudla! (version 1)
(makes 4-8 servings)
1 3/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
1 - 1 1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vegetarian bouillon mix
1 cup scallions, finely chopped
1 large beefsteak tomato, chopped
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
Dashes of cumin, coriander, turmeric, Everyday Seasoning, 21 Seasoning Salute, and ground black pepper
1. Mix dry ingredients together witha spoon or a whisk.
2. Add in water slowly while mixing until pancake batter consistency is reached.
3. Mix in scallions, beefsteak tomato, and mushroom slices.
4. Spray a pan witha little bit of oil (optional…my batter didn’t stick to the pan at all!) and let heat up on medium setting. Scoop spoonfuls of batter into the pan.
5. When batter starts to bubble and become golden at the edges (1-2 minutes), use a spatula to flip your pudla! Heat on other side for slightly less time.
6. Enjoy plain or with your favorite toppings. I had mine with slices of avocado and a tiny sprinkle of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos…two big thumbs up!
Nutrition facts per large serving of about 3 big pancakes (not including toppings) — this is pretty ridiculously healthy
Sodium: ~385mg (can omit salty add-ins, like the bouillon powder, to cut this number down even more)
Fiber: ~14g (fills you up!)
Protein: ~16g (keeps you full!)